Minister of Health Honours Director, Food and Drug Services, Pharm. Chukwumah With Outstanding Achievement Award
Pharm. (Mrs.) Gloria Modupe Omatie Chukwumah (Director, Food and Drug Services, Federal Ministry of Health) was presented an award by the Hon. Minister of Health; Prof. Isaac Adewole on behalf of the good people of Nigeria for her outstanding Achievement in Supply Chain Management on Tuesday 25th July 2017.
This award came after nominations from over 50 participants during the African Supply Chain Summit held recently in Nairobi, Kenya organized by Pamela Steele Associates.
SUPPLY CHAIN PROFILE
Highly distinguished Lady Pharmacist reputed for her extra ordinary passion and drive for results; pioneering works in the advancement of Pharmaceutical Services in the Public Health Sector at both Federal and State levels.
- Pioneered the establishment of the Procurement & Supply Management Department in the National Malaria Elimination Programme – NMEP in 2007.
- This post empowered health professionals for the first time to take charge and coordinate all procurement and supply management activities of all products for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of Malaria, including Mosquito vector control.
- Founding National Coordinator of the National Product Supply Chain Management Programme NPSCMP.
- The mandate of NPSCMP is to coordinate all activities related to the supply management of public Health medicines and other health products saving Nigeria billions of naira.
- She channeled the PSM component support of all Donors and Partners to the Federal Ministry of Health
- She transformed lay civil servants to consultants to handle various sectors of supply chain management
- First National Coordinator of the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project- NSCIP.
- The first largest global project to integrate parallel health PSM programmes to improve effectiveness and value-for money.
- The wide range of services and thematic areas under the NSCIP has given jobs to hundreds of supply chain professionals while building their capacities in modern practices.
- LMCU Project – Logistics Management Coordinating Units – is a project to empower state Directors of Pharmaceutical Services (DPS) to take charge of all matters related to Public Health pharmaceutical services in the states.
- Her exemplary leadership style led to the Cross Rivers state DPS to initiate the approval process of the LMCU by the National Council on Health (NCH).
- Within only 8 months as Federal Director of Food and Drug Services (FDS): –
- She has pushed the frontiers of Pharmaceutical Services beyond the usual boundaries while attracting a host of foreign Donors and Partners to support Nigeria.
- For the First time also the Department of FDS developed two milestone policies both of which have been approved by the National Council On Health, namely:
- The National Quality Assurance Policy – First of its kind.
- The National Supply Chain Policy – First of its kind.
- Mrs. G. M. O Chukwumah – Member of Numerous Health/Supply Chain Boards, Director, social & human protagonist who has undergone both local and international leadership and supply chain trainings; is still working towards the advancement healthcare in Nigeria.