NSCIP Hosts National LMCU Task Team in Abuja
The NSCIP every quarter host the National LMCU Task Team at her office in Mabushi, Abuja.
This team is saddled with the responsibility of mentoring and providing oversight to the 36+1 State LMCUs in the country and also the newly inaugurated LGA LMCUs.
Membership of the Task Team include focal officers from Donors (Global Fund, UNFPA, USAID, UNICEF), Implementing Partners (GHSC-PSM, FHI360, WHO, CHAI, CRS), National Health Programmes (NMEP, NTBLCP, NACA, NASCP) and relevant national health stakeholders.
The last quarter edition was held on the 5th of December, 2017.
Issues discussed include;
1. Status of each state LMCU
2. Interventions to state specific challenges
3. Tools for tracking achievement
4. Advocacy plans to rally more federal support
5. Step down plans for LGA LMCU